Nemo is a complete fork of Nautilus 3.4 and its goal is to extend the Cinnamon user experience to desktop and file management.
What's special in Nemo:
- Detachable tabs
- Built in "Open as root" context menu item
- Unified, configurable toolbar: you can add/remove the following: up icon, refresh icon, toggle button for the location bar / path bar, home icon, computer icon and search icon.
- Option to show the full path in the titlebar and tab bars (Preferences > Display)
- Displays an "elevated privileges" banner when running as root
- Built in "Open in terminal" context menu item
- Added GTK bookmarks to the MoveTo/CopyTo context menus
- Added "Set as Wallpaper" to the context menu
- Switch view buttons on the toolbar (Grid, List and Compact views)
- Drag and drop support for the bookmarks in the sidebar
- Sidebar: indicators under each drive, displaying the free/used space
- Collapsable sidebar categories
- Support for sending files via Thunderbird and xdg-email
- Image properties improvements (merged from Nautilus 3.6)
- Memory leaks fixes (merged from Nautilus 3.6)
- and More!
Installation of Nemo File Manager on Ubuntu/Linux Mint, Enter following commands in Terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nemo