The GNOME Project is proud to present GNOME 3.6, the third update to the 3.x series. This latest version of GNOME 3 includes a number of new features and enhancements, as well as many bug fixes and minor improvements. Together, they represent a significant upgrade to the GNOME 3 user experience.
Andreas Nilsson, President of the GNOME Foundation, said: "The GNOME Foundation is proud to present this latest GNOME release, and I would like to congratulate the GNOME community on its achievement." He described the release as "an important milestone in our mission to bring a free and open computing environment to everyone."
- Big improvements to notifications, including a redesigned Message Tray, smarter notifications, and other tweaks and refinements.
- An enhanced Activities Overview with an improved layout.
- A greatly enhanced Files application, with functional file search, a new Recent location, redesigned interface and lots of bug fixes and handy new features.
- Integrated Input Sources, which makes inputting different character sets (eg. Japanese or Chinese) fast and easy.
- Accessibility on demand, meaning that universal access features like the Orca screen reader can be enabled with the push of a button.
- A new Lock Screen. This provides an attractive view when the device is locked, plus handy functionality like media controls and notifications.
Read More -->> Install Gnome Shell and Extensions From Here