Blender is a versatile 3D suite for modelling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and more, featuring a fancy, professional interface.
Blender 2.62 has been released, adding new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements.
You can easily install Blender 2.62 on Ubuntu 12.04 Precise/Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric/11.04 Natty/Linux Mint via PPA.
- Platform, a free and a source size really small compared to other 3D packages, depending on the operating system it runs.
- Capacity for a wide variety of geometric primitives, including curves, polygon meshes, empty, NURBS, metaballs.
- Along with the animation tools including inverse kinematics, deformations or grid reinforcement, load vertices and static and dynamic particles.
- Edit audio and video synchronization.
- Features interactive games such as collision detection, dynamic recreations and logic.
- Versatile internal rendering possibilities and external integration.
- Python to automate or manage multiple tasks.
- Blender accepts graphic formats such as TGA, JPG, Iris, SGI, and TIFF.
- 3D game engine integrated with a system of logic bricks. For more control is used Python programming language.
- Dynamic simulations to softbodies, particles and fluids.
- Stackable switches, implementing non-destructive processing on meshes.
- Static particle system to simulate hair and fur, which has added new options properties between shaders to achieve realistic textures.
Installation of Blender, open Terminal and enter commands:
Homepage of Blender. Enjoy
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cheleb/blender-svn sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install blender